For Democratic Reform, FDR, is an initiative created by Democrats, primarily Clinton Democrats, whose objective is to take back and reform the Democratic party and re-establish the proper relationship of the government to the people. FDR has both short term and long term goals. Our short term goals are:
- To promote and support liberal and progressive Democrats in Congress in order to give them enough critical mass to pass legislation.
- To unseat Howard Dean, Donna Brazile, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid from power due to their destructive and/or feckless leadership.
- To persuade the Senate to appoint Hillary Clinton as majority leader.
- To help women get elected to political office.
Our long term goals are:
- To elect a Democrat to the White House in 2012 who will promote core Democratic principles in the spirit of Hillary Clinton, Franklin Roosevelt and other strong Democratic leaders.
- To expand upon the Four Freedoms and other core Democratic principles such as social justice, fiscal responsibility, a healthy planet, privacy and strength through vigorous diplomacy..
- To renew the principle of self-determination of average citizens.
- To reform the primary election process.
- To promote a more equitable society and government through lobbying efforts, vetting and support of candidates and coalition building.
- To reach the 30% solution, that is, 30% of all elected politicians should be women.
FDR is a work in progress. As we establish our infrastructure, explain our philosophy and formalize our plans, we will be using this site as a means of communicating with other disaffected Democrats who want to get involved and change the party for the better.
- Heidi Li Feldman
- Pacific John
- Michele Thomas
- John West
- Kim Haas
- Ricki Lieberman
- Darragh Murphy
- Sheri Tagliaferri
ALL MEDIA INQUIRIES: Please contact Kim Haas who will direct you to the appropriate FDR Founder